Edison, N.J. - The Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference has announced the men's basketball schedule for the 2012-13 season.
Some of the highlights of the 2012-13 schedule include:
- The first game of the season will feature Iona College, last year's regular season champion, hosting Niagara University on Nov. 28 at the Hynes Athletics Center.
- On Dec. 8, Loyola University Maryland, the defending MAAC champion, will take on Saint Peter's University as part of a doubleheader at the Izod Center.
- Canisius College head coach Jim Baron will start off his inaugural MAAC schedule on Dec. 7 when the Golden Griffins take on Fairfield University at the Webster Bank Arena.
- Rider University will christen the newly renovated Bronc Zoo with its first MAAC home game under the helm of head coach Kevin Baggett against Fairfield on Dec. 9.
- On Jan. 18, there will be a rematch of last year's semifinal between Fairfield and Iona at the Hynes Athletics Center.
- Three MAAC games slated for Mar. 1 are eligible for the two wild card spots on either ESPN2 or ESPNU - Loyola at Iona, Fairfield at Manhattan College and Marist College at Siena College.
Click here to see the entire composite schedule with the option of looking at each team's individual schedule.
The full 2012-13 MAAC Telecast schedule will be announced next week.
The 180 league games will lead all the schools to the 2013 MAAC Basketball Championships, which will be held on March 7-11 at the MassMutual Center in Springfield, Mass. The men's title game is slated for Monday, March 11 at 9:00 p.m., and will air live on either ESPN or ESPN2.