MAAC schools will play an 18-game conference schedule, with each team having nine home-and-away series. The season begins with Saint Peter's University hosting Manhattan College at the Yanitelli Center on Jan. 3. The remaining eight schools open the conference season on Friday, Jan. 4. Some of the highlights of the 2012-13 season include:
- On Jan. 6, Fairfield University will take on last year's conference champions, Marist College, in a rematch of last year's MAAC Championship Game.
- Siena College head coach Ali Jaques will start off her inaugural MAAC schedule on Jan. 6 when the Saints take on Canisius College at the Koessler Athletic Center.
- On Jan. 25, there will be a rematch between Marist and Manhattan College at Draddy Gymnasium. Manhattan snapped Marist's 10-game winning streak last season, giving the Red Foxes their only loss in conference play.
- Western New York's popular Battle of the Bridge continues as Canisius hosts Niagara University on Jan. 27 at Koessler, with the return game at the Gallagher Center on March 1.
- A rematch of last year's dramatic women's basketball semifinal between Niagara and Marist will take place on Feb. 15 on ESPNU.
In March, the MAAC Championship semifinals will be live on ESPN3, while the women's title game is slated for Monday, Mar. 11 at noon, and will air live on ESPNU.