Edison, N.J. - MAAC schools will tip off their basketball seasons with various MAAC Madness events on campus. These events will give fans their first glimpse of the 2012-13 men's and women's basketball teams. These nights are sure to be fun filled and have their fans anticipating the start of the regular season.
October 12 at 9:00 p.m.
- Event called "Red Sea Madness" begins with the men's and women's teams being introduced
- Three-point contest and a dunk contest
- Performances by cheer and dance team
- Food, beverage, raffles, etc.
- Stags In the Stands
October 12 at 9:30 p.m.
- Introduction of men's women's team
- Special guest the Brooklynettes Dancers perform
- Coaches will speak to fans. intro video will be played
- Dance Team performsalong with Cheerleaders
- Boing Vert Dunk Society Dunk Show
October 12 at 8:00 p.m.
- Theme is Midnight MAACness "Bronc the Vote
- Pre-MAACness Festivities (inflatables, music, food, prizes, contests, etc.)
- Broncs Intro & Performance
- Rider Cheer Team Performance
October 16 at 9:00 p.m.
- Introduction of men's and women's teams
- Student shooting contest with players
- Dance/Cheer/Pep Band perform
- Local Radio station providing street team for music/giveaways
- Dog pound (student group) ticket sign-up
- pizza for all attendees
October 19 at 9:00 p.m.
- Theme is Maroon Madness
- Unveiling of men's basketball's regular season championship and NCAA banners
- Introduction of the Maroon and Gold's new fight song
- Classes (fr., soph, jr., sr.) will compete in several skills challenges followed by a banner competition.
- FREE t-shirts and give-a-ways for all fans
- Free food offered
October 19 7:00 p.m.
- Red/White scrimmages men's and women's teams
- Men's and Women's Head Coaches will address the crowd and give some insight on their respective teams.
- Players will be accessible to fans at the event
- Complimentary foot will be served, and beverages will be available for purchase
- 2011-12 Highlight Video
- Introduction of Teams (DJ music in background)
- Slam Dunk Contest
Loyola University Maryland
October 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- Events and games with student-athlete
- Student body interaction
- Food and prizes for the student body
- Short scrimmages for men's and women's basketball
- Introductions of teams and players to the student body