Current Job Openings
Administrative Fellow for New Media
· Proficient in video creation using Final Cut X
· Proficient in streaming live vides using NewTek equipment including a TriCaster
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suites including Photoshop and InDesign
Responsibilities to include:
Assists the Assistant Commissioner for New Media in the marketing, promotion, video creation and development of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference brand through the league’s broadcasting platforms and the various forms of new and social media, including, but not limited to the following duties:
1. Creates video content for the MAAC’s online video platform using Final Cut X including:
a. Highlights from MAAC sporting events
b. Weekly Award release videos
i. Fall: Cross Country
ii. Winter: Men’s Basketball, Women’s Basketball, Indoor Track & Field, Swimming & Diving
iii. Spring: Baseball, Golf, Men’s Lacrosse, Women’s Lacrosse, Rowing, Softball, Tennis, Outdoor Track & Field, Water Polo
c. This Week in the MAAC videos
d. Sport recap videos
e. Commercials for MAAC events
f. Promotional videos for MAAC events including the 2015 Basketball Championships
2. Serves as the main contact for selected MAAC sports during each season. Will select weekly awards, write press releases, compile statistics, tally awards voting, and distribute information to the media and member institutions. Additionally, will maintain specific sport pages on MAACSports.com and produce daily or weekly content for various social media sites related to assigned sports. Will assist with video creation and distribution for weekly award releases including script information, content creation and coordination of member schools video submissions, highlights and photos of student-athletes. Specific sports assigned include:
a. Cross Country
b. Water Polo
c. Outdoor Track & Field
3. Assists in live streaming events including production, set-up and video recording at MAAC webstreamed events including championships, awards shows and press conferences.
4. Create and distribute graphics for social media accounts and to promote upcoming MAAC events using Adobe Creative Suites.
5. Promotes MAAC created videos on social media platforms including twitter, facebook and YouTube.
6. Must be knowledgeable in use of New Tek HD and SD TriCasters to broadcast MAAC events on MAAC.TV.
7. Must be knowledgeable in Final Cut Pro to create promotional pieces to enhance the brand of the MAAC and its member institutions.
8. Assists in coordinating the conference office’s social media strategies, including but not limited to building the MAAC’s presence on a variety of social media platforms and coordinating conference’s message on such platforms.
9. Assist in MAAC Championships operations as assigned by the MAAC Commissioner.
10. Other duties as assigned by the Commissioner.
Reports to: Assistant Commissioner for New Media
Compensation: $1,300 per month; 10 month fellowship
To apply for this position, send cover letter & resume to Whitney Swab, Assistant Commissioner for New Media: firstname.lastname@example.org